Top To Bottom, We Take Care Of Chimney & Fireplace Repairs Right
If you’re concerned or unsure about the condition of your fireplace and chimney, don’t take chances. The best thing to do is to schedule an inspection with one of the Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA) certified chimney professionals here at Robinson Maintenance Repair. We’re certified in:
- Advanced Inspection & Documentation
- Inspection & Report Writing
- Diagnosis & Documentation
- Chimney Physics
- Troubleshooting Gas & Woodburning Appliances
- And more
Our team visually inspect systems and uses video cameras to scan the areas of the system that are out of sight, so you can be confident we won’t miss a thing. We’ll pinpoint any damage, locate the source of any problems you’re experiencing with your chimney and fireplace, and make recommendations for repairs that will bring your system back up to par. No matter what damage or issue we uncover, you can count on us to provide professional, effective, long-lasting solutions.
Our chimney and fireplace repair specialties include:
- Smoke Chamber Repair — When the inverted funnel above your firebox and below your flue gets damaged by heat, buildup, moisture, and other byproducts of combustion, it can reduce draft and cause smoke to back up in your home. A damaged smoke chamber may also have cracks, gaps, and openings that allow hot ash, heat, and gases to access nearby framing, walls, and other combustible materials in the home. With such an important job, the smoke chamber can become quite a big threat when damaged, which is why repairs are imperative. Here at RMR, we repair with ChamberTech 2000, which provides insulation and strength, and allows us to reshape the smoke chamber for a smooth, clean surface that has no problem ushering smoke and byproducts up into the flue. Find out more here.
- Tuckpointing & Firebox Repairs —The firebox is the part of your fireplace that holds the fire itself, which is why it must be made of special, heat-resistant firebrick and refractory mortar. Unfortunately, fireboxes can crack, gap, and flake with time and exposure to heat and moisture, and when they do, the risk of house fire is greatly increased. If you think your firebox is looking rough and may be in need of tuckpointing repairs or a full rebuild, our team can help. Learn more about our tuckpointing and firebox repair/rebuild services here.
- Chimney Rebuilds & Restorations — For severely water, weather, or age damaged chimneys or those with design flaws, there’s hope. As certified Chimney Physics specialists and certified Masonry Repair professionals, our team knows just what it takes to restore and rebuild a chimney right. We take great care to keep with the time period of the home and carefully choose our materials to match in color and composition. When we’re finished, you’ll be over the moon with the look and performance of your chimney. Find out more about our chimney rebuild and restoration services here.
- Damper Replacements — Even though they’re relatively small, dampers have an important job. Without a damper, you’re losing conditioned air up through your chimney, and you’ll likely experience downdrafts and unpleasant odors in the humid summertime as well. But even new throat dampers fail to provide an airtight seal, which is why we replace dampers with top mounted dampers. We even have damper options for homeowners who struggle with draft issues and wind-related downdrafts. Learn more about each of our damper replacement options and why homeowners love them.
- Chimney Relining/Furnace Flue Relining — Furnaces and fireplaces alike depend on a properly installed and healthy chimney liner to vent the byproducts of combustion out of the home. But what happens when holes, cracks, gaps, or other issues arise in the liner? Would you even know? A damaged chimney or furnace flue liner can be a serious threat to your safety and health, but RMR can help. We reline chimneys and furnace flues with Olympia stainless steel liners, which are designed for all-fuel venting, and can bring even the oldest chimneys up to code. Find out more here.
- HeatShield® — For those tile chimney flues that are still structurally strong, but need repair, we offer HeatShield. HeatShield is a cerfractory flue sealant system that can be used to fill gaps between flue tiles, repair rough patches, and resurface the entire flue — top to bottom. Learn more about this amazing and revolutionary system and when it’s the best option right here.
- Leaky Chimney Repair — One of the worst problems you can face with your chimney is a leak. Water is fast-acting and works to damage just about every area of the chimney and fireplace system. And the worst part is, most homeowners don’t even know there’s a problem until quite a bit of damage is done. Whether you think you may have a leak, you know you have a leak, or you want to make sure you don’t have one and never will, we can help. We provide crown repairs/rebuilds, flashing repair/replacement, chimney cap/rain cap installation, chase cover/flue cover replacement, and chimney waterproofing. Together, we can win the battle against chimney leaks and protect and preserve your chimney system. Find out more here.
We’re Experienced, Educated & Committed To Providing The Highest Level Of Service To Chicago’s Suburbs
Robinson Maintenance Repair is proud to serve the north, northwest, and western Chicago suburbs, and we are dedicated to providing quality service to our customers with integrity, pride, and leadership. We have over a decade of experience serving the area, we’re CSIA certified, insured, and licensed, and we’re up to date on all NFPA standards and state and local codes. When you trust your chimney and fireplace repairs to our team, you can rest assured you’ll get the quality results and excellent customer service you want and deserve. Call 847-290-1883 or fill out our online appointment request form to request an appointment today.